Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Perfect Leather

Today I was in Toronto to buy leather. I have been shopping at Perfect Leather, on King Street, for many years now. Bill the owner brings in leather from all over the world. He services the garment, shoe, handbags and accesories businesses all over Canada.
The first thing Bill does when I come in is to make me a cup of very strong Greek coffee. Next he shows me the new leather he has brought in. I find some very rich black cow hide that will be perfect for my bags. Black is always the best selling colour. I also buy some very thin leather from Japan called Ponge, black, brown and red. I use this leather for french binding. That's when we wrap the edge in leather.
While Bills helpers count the leather I have picked out I enjoy a gourmet burger down the street then return to load up the car and drive home.



No comments:

Post a Comment